Car Please

From Good Santa's to where to buy those wonderful knee length boots....

Moderator: IBW Moderators

Car Please

Postby Aurora » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi Everybody

I am looking for a car. Just a little run around, something cheap and cheerful to learn driving on.

I would ideally like a volkswagen polo with four doors, but am open to anything thats out there!

I have 2000-3000 to spend.

Thanks a million for any suggestions.
Aurora

Business Name: Emma Farrell Make-Up
Business Description: A professionally trained & experienced freelance make-up artist. I work in the Beauty, Fashion, Film, TV and Theatre industries. Making brides look and feel special on their wedding day.

Postby Eilswen » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:47 am

Car buyers guide is a good place to start www.cbg.ie

Good Luck! :)
Forgotten Gold is Ireland's leading gold recycling company. Put your old, unwanted jewellery to work. It couldn't be easier...re-gift yourself. It's worth it! http://www.forgottengold.com
Eilswen
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Business Description: Recycle your old gold jewellery for money with ForgottenGold.com. The number one gold recycling service in Ireland. Get your GOLD working for you.

Postby Éadaoin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:41 am

www.nicemove.ie is also well worth a look!

It's where we found ours!
Éadaoin Ní Néill,
Aperture Web Design/ Aperture Commercial Photography
www.aperturewebdesign.com www.aperturecommercialphotography.com
Éadaoin
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Postby Aurora » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:50 am

Hi Guys thanks for the response. I found these websites good, also www.carsireland.ie seems to have loads too.

Was just hoping that someone here might have a car, seeing as I don't think that they would be as inclined to sell me a ropey car :D

I always worry that when you buy what you think is an ok car privately that it might break down the next week...but I guess thats the risk you take for a cheap car!
Aurora

Business Description: A professionally trained & experienced freelance make-up artist. I work in the Beauty, Fashion, Film, TV and Theatre industries. Making brides look and feel special on their wedding day.

Postby Éadaoin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:54 am

I always worry that when you buy what you think is an ok car privately that it might break down the next week...but I guess thats the risk you take for a cheap car!

It is, but it's a risk you take buying a cheaper car from a garage too!
In my experience, if you buy from a garage or small-time dealer, they're more likely to know if something is wrong, but not more likely to tell you!
At least with a private seller, you can try to judge the situation and the person.
Try to get a service history, and if possible, get a mechanic to come with you..... the cost of an hour of a mechanic's time is well worth it for peace of mind!

Good luck!
Éadaoin Ní Néill,
Aperture Web Design/ Aperture Commercial Photography
www.aperturewebdesign.com www.aperturecommercialphotography.com
Éadaoin
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Postby Aurora » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 am

I guess you are right about the dealer probably knowing what is wrong with it and trying to get a quick sale!

That is such sound advice. Will definately bring a mechanic along as I haven't the first idea how to drive it!! Let alone what could possibly be wrong with it!
Aurora

Postby SusanLynch » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:15 pm

Last edited by SusanLynch on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susan Lynch
A-Z Safety Statement Ltd.

www.a-zsafetystatement.com
info@a-zsafetystatement.com
SusanLynch

Postby Aurora » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:29 pm

Brilliant! Thanks a million Susan, had never heard of it before.
Aurora

Return to Where can I get? (Non Business)