Bar Codes for New product

From Good Santa's to where to buy those wonderful knee length boots....

Moderator: IBW Moderators

Bar Codes for New product

Postby ElizaC » Mon May 15, 2006 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I am currently getting ready to launch a new nappy product onto the market. It has taken a long time to get it to this stage, and I will explain exactly what it is all about closer to the launch date. I hope to have about 5 products in the same range.

Just looking for ideas/advise on getting bar codes for the product. I've done research into them, but would like to hear any experiences that you guys may have had.

Thanks
Eliza
ElizaC

Postby cris » Mon May 15, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi Eliza, all I know about barcodes is to contact EAN, they allocate particular numbers. AFAIK, if you know someone else who already has barcodes, you can buy some of theirs. I think EAN only give numbers by the 100 or 100 but am open to correction on that.
Best of luck with your product. If you think it'll fit into my business, be sure to let me know!
Cris
www.CheckMate.ie
CheckMate Business Services
SortMyBooks training courses in Mayo, Galway and Dublin!

www.BlackberryVillage.ie
150 new products coming for Christmas! Email Newsletter@BlackberryVillage.ie to read about it first!
cris
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Postby ElizaC » Mon May 15, 2006 3:16 pm

Hi Cris

Thanks for that. Yes actually I think my product could tie in with things that you are doing very well. When I have my bar codes, address and graphic design finished, I'll give you a shout. I'm very nearly there now!!

Thanks again
Eliza
ElizaC

Postby AileenH » Mon May 15, 2006 4:03 pm

hi eliza

cris is right ean ireland is the place to go their website is here http://www.gs1.ie/

i think we were able to buy as few as 10 codes in 2003, it cost like 300 to set up and then about 100 per year to keep it up.
Aileen Hannan
Hold on, it's coming: http://www.sortmybooksonline.com
Run your business anytime, from anywhere in the world!
AileenH
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Business Name: SortMyBooks Online

Return to Where can I get? (Non Business)