Dublin Gym

From Good Santa's to where to buy those wonderful knee length boots....

Moderator: IBW Moderators

Dublin Gym

Postby baglady » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi all,

I need to join a gym, I've been working hard at business but not at myself and summer clothes a very very tight fitting, cant afford new ones, so does anybody know a good gym which is good value I'm in Dublin and south of the Liffey.

Thanks
BL
baglady

Business Description: Website Optimisation for Hospitality Industry

Postby Barbara A » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 am

I'm a member of the Ben Dunne gym, Northwood and I find it brilliant. Great value for money, lots of great equipment, good classes, a pool, sauna etc. I really admire Ben Dunne for providing three gym's (so far) in Dublin of this standard for a price that noone else can compete with. Northwood have a sister gym southside called Carlisle. If its anything like Northwood, its worth a look. Check it out and see what you think.
Barbara A

Business Name: Leah Training & Development

Postby baglady » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi, thanks for that, I am visiting their other gym in Terenure, its great value at €330, so I'll have a look around later. I went to see Jackie Skellys on Saturday and its nice but expensive.

Thanks
BL
baglady

Business Description: Website Optimisation for Hospitality Industry

Postby Hamperlady » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:24 pm

I used to go to the UCD gym, it's very cheap and great except there is no pool.
Amanda

Spiderworking.com

P: +353 (0)1 442 9410
W: www.spiderworking.com
Facebook Customisation Portfolio:
http://on.fb.me/sIFc3F
What people are saying about us on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/Spiderworking/favorites
Hamperlady
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Business Name: Spiderworking.com
Business Description: We help small businesses use social media with big business knowledge
http://www.spiderworking.com

Postby Barbara A » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:24 pm

baglady wrote:Hi, thanks for that, I am visiting their other gym in Terenure, its great value at €330, so I'll have a look around later. I went to see Jackie Skellys on Saturday and its nice but expensive.

Thanks
BL

Yes thats the Carlisle Gym I mentioned earlier. Very good value indeed. I've no experience of Jackie Skelly's however would be put off by some bad PR I've read about them on other forums. (e.g. www.askaboutmoney.com). Good luck and let us know how you get on! I'm off to the gym!
Barbara A

Business Name: Leah Training & Development

Postby Flyakite » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 am

I researched loads of gyms before joining Carlisle and I think it's great value for money. I generally go during the day when it's quiet, although peak time is generally fine too (especialy in the pool)! I was a member of Jacki Skelly's beind the westbury before, but it's v pricey & v busy.
Posh Fizz
For the Perfect Party
www.poshfizz.com
Flyakite
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Business Name: Posh Fizz
Business Description: Organises the entire hen party from accommodation to activities to evening meals to nightclub access, with some lovely surprises along the way!

Re: Dublin Gym

Postby stress therapy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi BL

I'm a member of the Carisle and yes it is very good value for money, I generally go during the day and its buzzing but not too busy to get the machine you want and the pool is not overcrowded. I've never been at night but I believe after 7pm its quiet. I thinks its well run and I've joined up for the third year, my renewal membership was €250 and I see the price for new members at the moment is €295 thats as cheap as you will get I think.

As for Jackie Skelly I'm not impressed having been given the hard sell treatment a few years ago when I went to view the one in Parkwest I had to be very firm not to end up signing a contract before I went out the door, she tried to given me the old monthly payment trick, it left me with a very bad impression no matter how nice the gym looked.

good luck in your search and I hope you enjoy whatever gym you choose :)

Geraldine
stress therapy

Business Name: Soul Therapy
Business Description: Complimentary therapies, Aromatherapy and Indian Head Massage, Reflexology, Reiki and Stress Management working with individuals, corporate clients and community groups.

Postby CathyIRL » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi Baglady

I am a personal trainer and can offer you very competitive rates if you are interested.

Please take a moment to check out my site www.fittpt.com and let me know if this is soemthing that would suit you!

Thanks

Cathy
CathyIRL

Business Name: FITT Personal Training
Business Description: Personal Training for Women Only

Postby weerosie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm

hi

I was at the carlisle in terenure - it definitely quieter during the day. Peak period is v busy but if you don't mind waiting it fine. After 7pm is gets quieter.

I decided that pay as you go suits me better so i use tallaght leisure centre/markcievz centre (can't spell it) in town for swimming - I use them off peak periods. You can pay mthly to the gym or there is different options available at tallaght. It's only newish, so it is lovely and clean and staff are v friendly..

CathyIRL wrote:I am a personal trainer and can offer you very competitive rates if you are interested.

Please take a moment to check out my site www.fittpt.com and let me know if this is soemthing that would suit you!

I think there's times when we all need someone motivating us....
weerosie

Return to Where can I get? (Non Business)