Women Entering Business
No votes
Start Your Own Business
100%

Total votes : 7

Women Entering Business

Postby Aurora » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi Everybody

I am thinking of doing a start your own business course. I have already started the company, but there is a few things that I would like to brush up on, like accounts, taxation, financing etc

I see there are two courses really in dublin with the enterprise board that I could do the "Women Entering Business" or "Start your own Business". Just wondering has anyone done them and which one would they reccommend?

I like the idea of the women only one but it would appear from the course discription that it doesn't go into as much detail as the other one.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Warm Regards

Aurora
Aurora

Business Name: Emma Farrell Make-Up
Business Description: A professionally trained & experienced freelance make-up artist. I work in the Beauty, Fashion, Film, TV and Theatre industries. Making brides look and feel special on their wedding day.

Postby Jennifer McConnell » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:43 am

Hi Aurora,

As the previous network manager for several Women in Business networks run by the County & City Enterprise Boards (www.enterpriseboards.ie) I would strongly recommend the Women Entering Business Programme.

Many women that I dealt with took part in this course and found it so beneficial as they were able to create their own forum for setting up in business and also liaise with other women who wanted to set up their own business.

2 women who are some of the success stories from this are:

Pamela Fitzmaurice from Blazing Salads
Jennylynd James from Caribbean Enterprises

As the course is also held on a Saturday it means you can devote time to getting all the information you need form it, and it does cover a LOT. It is also run by a female entrepreneur who can give you hands on information relevant to you.

I hope this helps but would recommend asking around.

All the best.

Jennifer McConnell
former Women in Business Network Manager
now emailing this from Jamaica - where I am working now!
Jennifer McConnell

Business Name: Digicel
Business Description: Telecommunications provider in the Caribbean. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and the 6th most dangerous place in the world.

Postby AileenH » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:25 am

from Jamaica - where I am working now!

how lucky are you!
Aileen Hannan
Hold on, it's coming: http://www.sortmybooksonline.com
Run your business anytime, from anywhere in the world!
AileenH
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Business Name: SortMyBooks Online

Postby Aurora » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:32 am

Thanks a million for that! I was definately swaying to the women in business one and you have confirmed it for me now!

Wow you work from Jamaica! How fabulous is that!!
Aurora

Business Name: Emma Farrell Make-Up
Business Description: A professionally trained & experienced freelance make-up artist. I work in the Beauty, Fashion, Film, TV and Theatre industries. Making brides look and feel special on their wedding day.

Postby Jennifer McConnell » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Yeah, I have to say I am loving it here.

My position as Network Manager was finishing up last December and then mid November an opportunity came up to work for Denis O'Brien's company, Digicel, in the Caribbean.

My job is that of HR Manager and Expat Programme Manager so I am looking after all the foreigners coming in to Jamaica (like myself) to help make their relocation and integration a good experience and also to manage any of the Group's HR needs - like network management but for a corporation rather than small business owners!

I'm currently thinking of joining the Canadian Women's Network Group - there isn't one for Irish women just yet (!) - to be a participant rather that manager for once.

So, I'm hoping that over time I can access the knowledge and skills of the many wonderful business women I had the pleasure of dealing with in Ireland and link them with Jamaica in some way! A long way off but one has to dream.

Best of luck with the Women Entering Business Course, it will be a great stepping stone for you and sure there are so many women who's knowledge and advice you can source through this great website too!

Best of luck.

Jennifer
Jennifer McConnell

Business Name: Digicel
Business Description: Telecommunications provider in the Caribbean. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and the 6th most dangerous place in the world.

Postby AileenH » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:28 pm

oh my gosh if carlsberg was giving out jobs....
Aileen Hannan
Hold on, it's coming: http://www.sortmybooksonline.com
Run your business anytime, from anywhere in the world!
AileenH
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Business Name: SortMyBooks Online

Postby Éadaoin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:45 pm

oh my gosh if carlsberg was giving out jobs....

:lol: :lol:
Éadaoin Ní Néill,
Aperture Web Design/ Aperture Commercial Photography
www.aperturewebdesign.com www.aperturecommercialphotography.com
Éadaoin
Most Valued Member
Most Valued Member

Return to Archived Training & Networking Events etc