BNI visitor day 27th June Stillorgan Park Hotel

Contains details of training, networking and other events from earlier dates

Moderator: IBW Moderators

Postby roseyb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi folks,

A few people have enquired at different stages about networking meetings, what works, what doesnt etc so I would like to pass on some information. I joined a business networking group last July based in Stillorgan. This is part of a worldwide organisation BNI (Business Networking International) and the local branch is called the ‘Mint’ chapter,. Every Friday morning at the ‘Mint’ 30 + businesses meet and pass business referrals to each other.

I would like to welcome you all along to our open visitor morning on Friday 27th June, yes at 6.45am!! But trust me its worth it! There is a light breakfast served and you will get a chance to meet the group and other visitors on the day. Unlike many business events its very easy to network as people are very friendly and delighted to meet new businesses who come along.

Generally there are 35 – 40 people in attendance. For the visitor day we would expect 60+ people so a worthwhile opportunity to tell people about your business.

For me it has been one of the best business forums I have been involved with both in terms of direct business and business contacts. As much as I dislike early mornings, it is rare that I will miss a Friday morning. It is finished by 8.30 am sharp.

One of the features of the BNI is that the meeting is very structured, it starts on time, there is no time wasting. People are serious about generating business for each other and making relevant contacts. Equally the ‘mint’ group are a good laugh and there is always a good buzz even at that early hour. The concept behind it is that you bring in referrals for your fellow members and they bring business for you. There is only one type of each business allowed to join each chapter e.g. one accountant, solicitor, website designer, trainer, electrician, business coach, architect, mortgage provider, engineer etc etc. so as you build up a relationship with the people there and they get to know that you are reliable and provide a good service, they refer more and more business to you. Because of the diversity of businesses, the contacts can be invaluable. Building good relationships with other businesses targeting the same markets can work very very well.

The BNI chapter could be compared with having a sales force of 30+ sales people e.g. you know that if any of the 30 members come in contact with anyone who is in the market for your product or service that they will refer them to you. If you want to read more go to http://www.bni.eu/ireland/bni-experience.php

Some stats from the BNI Mint chapter:

§ Average Monthly Referrals 98
§ So far we have recorded €223,000 in business referred through the Mint chapter

Details
Time: 6.45am
Date: Friday 27th June
Venue: The Stillorgan Park Hotel

Please drop me a line if you are interested in coming along to rosey@webresults.ie
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me,

All the best

Rosey
WebResults.ie
Getting customers on the web for your business

www.webresults.ie
Ph: 01 7163757
Mob: 087 2445187
Last edited by roseyb on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roseyb

Postby vvieconsultant » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi there I have checked out the website but can't see how you find out if there is already someone in the chapter from the same field as me...

I would be interested in going along - and the early morning start wouldn't bother me - think its great start to a days work .

Best Regards

Evelyn Hannan
Virgin Vie Branch Sales Manager
Phone : 0877523064
Email : vconsultant@hotmail.com
Web: www.myvirginvieathome.co.uk/evelyn

Premium quality cosmetics, skincare, jewellery, spa body products and now HOMEWARE - book a coffee morning or pamper evening and try before you buy with your friends, family or colleagues

Fancy a Business to add value to yours or supplement an income - we have opportunities to suit everyone.

Contact me for details on Corporate, Thank You and Table Gifts. Our products make great alternatives to flowers and chocolates - and last longer too
vvieconsultant

Business Name: Vie at home

BNI visitor day 27th June Stillorgan Park Hotel - follow up

Postby roseyb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi Evelyn,

Yes it is a good start to the day. You do leave the meeting feeling motivated and ready for the day.

We are in the process of setting up a website which will indeed have details of all the members. In the meantime, there is no other business there in your category.

Thats great we have added you to our list or attendees for the visitor day. We look forward to see you at 6.45am at the Stillorgan park hotel on Friday 27th.
We will be in contact towards the end of next week.
Kind regards
Rosey
http://www.webresults.ie
Is your website generating new customers for your business? If not, contact us and we will tell you why. WebResults.ie - getting customers online
roseyb

Postby SineadF » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi Rosey,

Sounds like a great idea but Stillorgan is not good for me. Do you know if there are any events held in Dublin West or in the City Centre?
Sinead
Unique Wedding Ideas for every Bride

www.uniqueweddingideas.ie
www.uniqueweddingideas.co.uk
SineadF

Postby vvieconsultant » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks Rosey

I may give you a call tomorrow (if I get a chance - Friday is always busiest day for me) Im really interested - just need to confirm a prior booking I have and see if I can push it back by an hour as I don't think I will get back across the city in time with morning traffic.

Put me down as attending unless you hear otherwise.

Thanks

Best Regards

Evelyn Hannan

Premium quality cosmetics, skincare, jewellery, spa body products and now HOMEWARE - book a coffee morning or pamper evening and try before you buy with your friends, family or colleagues

Fancy a Business to add value to yours or supplement an income - we have opportunities to suit everyone.

Contact me for details on Corporate, Thank You and Table Gifts. Our products make great alternatives to flowers and chocolates - and last longer too
vvieconsultant

Postby roseyb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:59 am

Great Evelyn. Will do. Do feel free to give me a call if you get the chance.

Hi Sinead, there are chapters of the BNI all over the city. There is a new one started recently in the Red Cow and also there is one in park west and a few city centre.

I will forward your details to a chapter closer to where you are based and they will contact you directly. Drop me an email or give me a call with your contact details and a short description of your business and I will have someone contact you. Let me know where is preferential city centre or west dublin.

Regardless you are more that welcome to come along to the visitor day in Stillorgan next week to see the format of the meeting and get a feel for it as its geared towards visitors and talking about the organisation, if that suits. Otherwise, we will arrange for your to visit one close to where you are.

Kind regards
Rosey
rosey@webresults.ie
mobile: 087 2445187
Is your website generating new customers for your business? If not, contact us and we will tell you why. WebResults.ie - getting customers online
roseyb

Postby msomersobrien » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Rosey

I'm in a BNI Chapter in Carlow - Oak Park Chapter - would love to go along to your meeting on Friday.

So just wondering is there a H.R. Consultant/Advisor in your group?

Regards

Margaret
Margaret Somers O'Brien
TopTeam Consulting
"Partnering Performance & People"
msomersobrien

BNI visitor day 27th June Stillorgan Park Hotel - follow up

Postby roseyb » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for your email. you would be very welcome along to the meeting on Friday.
No, we currently dont have a HR consultant. Our HR consultant left recently as he had other committments, so it would be a good opportunity for you.

We have a few recruitment agencies coming along. We expect over 60 businesses to be present on Friday.

Details:
Start time: 6.45 am finishes at 8.30am
Venue: Stillorgan Park Hotel
(re parking, after the meeting you will be able to validate your ticket at reception rather than paying for it as we get free parking as part of the BNI)

You already know the following as a BNI member:
-Try and get in as early as you can as you will then have more opportunity to network.
-Bring in plenty of business cards as you will get the chance to pass them around during the meeting.

-During the meeting you will also get the opportunity to briefly introduce your business (probably 15 – 20 seconds).

If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Look forward to meeting you on Friday

Rosey
Rosey Broderick
WebResults.ie
(087) 2445187
roseyb

Postby vvieconsultant » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:35 am

Hi Rosey and anyone who is reading this post.

I just want to say thank you to Rosey for inviting me along to the BNI meeting in June. I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to come on here and post properly (been spending all my time trying to compose advert posts for the "Promote Your Business Unashamedly" thread - find it really easy to speak about the different aspects of my business but writing it down is not my forte...) Anyway .. again thank you Rosey for the invite. It really is a fantastic group to join - I will definately be joining a chapter somewhere in Dublin - just not sure where yet - only other ones I know of are in Bray and Glasnevin. Loads of interesting people and businesses attended - and was great to see referrals being passed around as well as testimonials.

I would recommend everybody to at least consider joining a networking group like BNI.

Best Regards

Evelyn Hannan

vvieconsultant

Postby 360David » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi

I just joined IBW and joined a BNI chapter about 3 weeks ago. The original thread is a few week old now but if anybody is interested in visiting let me know - meet in The Clariion Hotel Liffey Valley Thurs morn 6:45am
rgds
David
If a picture paints a 1000 words, a virtual gallery tells the whole story.
www.360dvirtualtours.com
Call me to see how you can showcase your premises or property
360David

Return to Archived Training & Networking Events etc