Scam: Anyone been contacted by Foresters Fund for Children ?

Welcome to and a little about IrishBusinessWomen.com

Moderator: IBW Moderators

Scam: Anyone been contacted by Foresters Fund for Children ?

Postby Apples » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has been contacted by these people? I have googled, and have discovered that it is a SCAM!!

I got a call today, big soppy blurb about the poor children, and if I place an advert in some book, all money raised locally will stay locally. I asked what recent publications etc.... Paul Jones - told me that this was the first time the publication would be available in Mayo, and they were only contacting two companies from each profession - was I in??? Pushy sales guy. I asked for the charity number, the one he gave me was 327449. Then in teh afternoon, another person called me to put more pressure on, regarding artwork etc... would they go ahead and create the ad from my website. I told them, no, that I would create my own artwork. Apparently when they send me a proof of the artwork, they will publish the magaizine, and then send an invoice with 30days payment terms.

On further digging, I asked him how would the 'magazine' be distributed? He said initially door to door calling, and the magazine will be free, but households usually make a donation of a few euro. The thing that caught him out (duh, I didn't pick it up at the time!!!), was he also said that most of the magazines would be distributed by the regualr postal system - in this case, how could people make a donation?

I was suspicious from the start - and on further digging, there are lots of offending articles about them. Apparently if you don't pay up, they threaten you with all sorts of debt collection, so most people just pay to be rid of them. I have since emailed them telling them to forget about it, I am pulling out, and will follow up with a call tomorrow. I am so mad!

They target small businesses. Anyone else been contacted about them?

I really have come down in the last shower!
Apples

Business Name: Terisina Fitzpatrick Photography, Acubirth
Business Description: Acubirth (tm), teaches expectant couples pressure points for birth.
My photography studio and wedding photography is reportage style, capturing you at your most relaxed.

Re: Scam: Anyone been contacted by Foresters Fund for Children ?

Postby DoMyBooks » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 am

Yeah they contacted me too. Extremly pushy sales man with an English accent. I didn't like the sound of it so I asked him for all details in an email, After more high pressure he said he'd send it and didn't bother. He kept pushing me for a yes.

Might be worth your while sending them a registered letter cancelling it.
Ralph Smith
Do My Books Accountants
info@domybooks.ie
Accountants Dublin
Baby Photographer
DoMyBooks

Business Description: Financial Control Outsourcing
Cashflow Management

Re: Scam: Anyone been contacted by Foresters Fund for Children ?

Postby Apples » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:17 pm

wow - they are busy making calls! I don't have a number for him, so I used the other UK number that the graphic design company phoned me on. I spoke to the same person as I spoke with yesterday and told her I wouldn't be listing - she said that is fine - I didn't give reasons, I think I sounded rough enough (8.40am, and no coffee!) - and haven't heard a thing back.

Hope this is the end of it ;-)
Apples

Business Name: Terisina Fitzpatrick Photography, Acubirth
Business Description: Acubirth (tm), teaches expectant couples pressure points for birth.
My photography studio and wedding photography is reportage style, capturing you at your most relaxed.

Re: Scam: Anyone been contacted by Foresters Fund for Childr

Postby Astrid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:05 pm

I just got contacted by them, and now I am reading it it a scam, I have tried rining the number back, but their mailbox is full.
Help how do I get these of my back.
Astrid

Business Name: The Dutch Bike Shop
Business Description: starting up a bicycle webshop, concentrating on transporting kids on the bike with mammy and daddy

Return to Welcome to IrishBusinessWomen.com